Los Angeles News
Murder suspect hurt after jumping off cliff
RANCHO PALOS VERDES, Calif. (KABC) -- A murder suspect jumped over an oceanfront cliff in Rancho Palos Verdes Wednesday.
David Viens, 47, has been linked to the murder of his wife, Dawn Viens, who disappeared 16 months ago, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
Officials said David Viens jumped off the cliff following an argument with a woman just after 9 a.m. They said he fell about 80 feet and was airlifted to the hospital, where he was in critical condition.
"Through the investigation, homicide detectives believe that this suspect, this person is also involved or murdered his wife, who went missing. Dawn Viens went missing some time in October 18, 2009," said L.A. County Sheriff's spokesperson Nicole Nishida.
The husband and wife ran a restaurant together in Lomita, Calif. A flyer posted on a pole outside of the restaurant shows the picture of the missing woman. Some of Dawn Viens' friends said she wouldn't just leave without saying anything to anyone. Friends said they were the ones who reported her missing three weeks after she vanished.
Even though Dawn Viens' body has yet to be found, authorities said that when David Veins is released from the hospital, he will be charged with murder.
homicide investigation, los angeles news, leo stallworth
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; 3 injured
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- Prize-winning bulldogs stolen from IE home
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- Katherine Jackson cries, leaves courtroom
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'