Los Angeles News
New search warrants in Bell salary scandal
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- New search warrants have been issued in connection with the corruption probe in the city of Bell.
The district attorney's office said the warrants were served at the home of Bell's former Director of General Services Eric Eggena and at the home of his wife.
What, if anything, was seized from the homes was not released.
Eggena was among several officials who earned bloated salaries under former Bell City Manager Robert Rizzo.
According to the Los Angeles Times, Eggena earned $421,402 a year. He has not been accused of wrongdoing.
Meanwhile, Rizzo remained hospitalized after complaining of chest pain during Wednesday's preliminary hearing on corruption charges.
Rizzo is charged with more than 50 counts of misappropriation of public funds, conflict of interest and falsifying public records.
The Associated Press contributed to this article
arrest, fraud, legal, los angeles news
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up 9 min ago
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court 25 min ago
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card 23 min ago
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- Woman sought in Santa Ana Chase Bank robbery 44 min ago
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- Fed says it will maintain bond purchase pace 15 min ago
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model 15 min ago
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90
- OTRC: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
17 min ago