Los Angeles News
LA Co. deputy stabbed, suspect shot in E. LA
EAST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An off-duty Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy was stabbed and a suspect was shot in East Los Angeles early Saturday.
Authorities say three deputies were leaving King Taco restaurant in the 4500 block of East Third Street about 4 a.m. when they were confronted by three suspects.
One man pulled out a knife and stabbed a deputy.
Another deputy told the man to drop the knife. When the suspect didn't comply, the deputy fired one shot, hitting the man.
Both the deputy and the suspect were taken to the hospital.
The deputy is in stable condition and the suspect is critical.
Sheriff's homicide detectives are investigating the shooting and stabbing.
That suspect faces attempted murder charges.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
east los angeles, shooting, stabbing, deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments
- Burglar caught on video watching baby sleep
44 min ago