Los Angeles News
LA Co. deputy stabbed, suspect shot in E. LA
EAST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An off-duty Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy was stabbed and a suspect was shot in East Los Angeles early Saturday.
Authorities say three deputies were leaving King Taco restaurant in the 4500 block of East Third Street about 4 a.m. when they were confronted by three suspects.
One man pulled out a knife and stabbed a deputy.
Another deputy told the man to drop the knife. When the suspect didn't comply, the deputy fired one shot, hitting the man.
Both the deputy and the suspect were taken to the hospital.
The deputy is in stable condition and the suspect is critical.
Sheriff's homicide detectives are investigating the shooting and stabbing.
That suspect faces attempted murder charges.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
east los angeles, shooting, stabbing, deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill