Los Angeles News
Missing Bellflower girls found safe in Utah
BELLFLOWER, Calif. (KABC) -- Two girls who went missing from Bellflower have been located unharmed in Utah with their father.
Early Monday morning, an Amber Alert was issued for the children. Authorities suspected that 6-year-old Natalya Litwin and 2-year-old Katelyn Litwin were abducted by their father, 34-year-old Stephen Litwin.
Los Angeles sheriff's detectives said Litwin took the girls from their home on Sunday and traveled with them to Utah. He heard about the Amber Alert through the media and contacted local law enforcement.
Sheriff's officials are waiting to interview him and said they were continuing their investigation.
amber alert, missing person, los angeles news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 4 min ago
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt 44 min ago
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
35 min ago