Los Angeles News
Robert Kennedy's assassin doesn't remember
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Almost 43 years after Robert Kennedy was assassinated in Los Angeles, his convicted killer Sirhan Sirhan wants to go free.
Sirhan claims he can't remember committing the murder. His new lawyer said he's been unable to jog Sirhan's memory and psychologists and hypnotists have failed as well.
His lawyer told the Associated Press quote, "There is no doubt he does not remember the critical events. He is not feigning it. It's not an act. He does not remember it."
Even if Sirhan Sirhan does not remember the night of June 4th, 1968, the world most certainly does. They have heard how Sirhan was grabbed as he emptied a pistol in the crowded kitchen of the Ambassador Hotel. Robert Kennedy was struck moments after declaring victory in the California presidential primary.
Parole board members are expected to review Sirhan's case and his claims about memory loss at a hearing later this week.
murder, los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought 5 min ago
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Driver injured in South Los Angeles DUI crash 1 min ago
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres 4 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Tyler The Creator arrested at SXSW festival 38 min ago
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report