Los Angeles News
Robert Kennedy's assassin doesn't remember
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Almost 43 years after Robert Kennedy was assassinated in Los Angeles, his convicted killer Sirhan Sirhan wants to go free.
Sirhan claims he can't remember committing the murder. His new lawyer said he's been unable to jog Sirhan's memory and psychologists and hypnotists have failed as well.
His lawyer told the Associated Press quote, "There is no doubt he does not remember the critical events. He is not feigning it. It's not an act. He does not remember it."
Even if Sirhan Sirhan does not remember the night of June 4th, 1968, the world most certainly does. They have heard how Sirhan was grabbed as he emptied a pistol in the crowded kitchen of the Ambassador Hotel. Robert Kennedy was struck moments after declaring victory in the California presidential primary.
Parole board members are expected to review Sirhan's case and his claims about memory loss at a hearing later this week.
murder, los angeles news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student 23 min ago
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)