Los Angeles News
LA City Council approves bike lane plan
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles City Council approved the bicycle master plan on Tuesday, aimed to get residents out of their cars and onto bicycles.
The proposal has a long-term goal of more than 1,600 miles of interconnected bikeways.
It also calls for more than 200 miles of new bicycle routes every five years.
Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa is expected to sign it on the steps of City Hall on Wednesday.
antonio villaraigosa, los angeles news
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack 16 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Cat rescued from 91 Fwy divider in Riverside 28 min ago
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer 12 min ago
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video