Los Angeles News
LA City Council approves bike lane plan
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles City Council approved the bicycle master plan on Tuesday, aimed to get residents out of their cars and onto bicycles.
The proposal has a long-term goal of more than 1,600 miles of interconnected bikeways.
It also calls for more than 200 miles of new bicycle routes every five years.
Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa is expected to sign it on the steps of City Hall on Wednesday.
antonio villaraigosa, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 14 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43 19 min ago
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role