Los Angeles News
Fire forces evacs at Garfield Medical Center
MONTEREY PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- An electrical fire forced the evacuation of nearly 100 patients at Garfield Medical Center in Monterey Park on Thursday.
The fire broke out on the third floor of the facility at 525 North Garfield Avenue at about 6:40 a.m. Firefighters evacuated the third and fourth floors because of the smoke.
There were no reports of any injuries, and it's not clear what sparked the fire.
The 98 patients on those floors were moved to the bottom floor of the hospital, which was not affected. Hospital staff transferred many of the patients to other facilities.
fire, monterey park, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book