Los Angeles News
Train hits, kills pedestrian in downtown LA
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An Amtrak train struck and killed a pedestrian in downtown Los Angeles near the L.A. River south of Union Station, shutting down all rail traffic for investigation.
Train 562 was en route from Los Angeles Union Station to San Diego when it struck the pedestrian at approximately 6:20 a.m., according to an Amtrak spokesperson.
There were 30 people aboard the train, including passengers and crew.
Orange County Line trains 601, 603, 605, 683 and 91 Line trains 701 and 703 were expected to face delays. Metrolink commuter trains were also delayed because of the investigation.
Amtrak trains 564 and 573 were canceled and Amtrak expected delays throughout the day.
The identity of the victim was not immediately released.
train accident, traffic delay, downtown, los angeles news
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department 33 min ago
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy