Los Angeles News
Train hits, kills pedestrian in downtown LA
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An Amtrak train struck and killed a pedestrian in downtown Los Angeles near the L.A. River south of Union Station, shutting down all rail traffic for investigation.
Train 562 was en route from Los Angeles Union Station to San Diego when it struck the pedestrian at approximately 6:20 a.m., according to an Amtrak spokesperson.
There were 30 people aboard the train, including passengers and crew.
Orange County Line trains 601, 603, 605, 683 and 91 Line trains 701 and 703 were expected to face delays. Metrolink commuter trains were also delayed because of the investigation.
Amtrak trains 564 and 573 were canceled and Amtrak expected delays throughout the day.
The identity of the victim was not immediately released.
train accident, traffic delay, downtown, los angeles news
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists'
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants