Los Angeles News
Train hits, kills pedestrian in downtown LA
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An Amtrak train struck and killed a pedestrian in downtown Los Angeles near the L.A. River south of Union Station, shutting down all rail traffic for investigation.
Train 562 was en route from Los Angeles Union Station to San Diego when it struck the pedestrian at approximately 6:20 a.m., according to an Amtrak spokesperson.
There were 30 people aboard the train, including passengers and crew.
Orange County Line trains 601, 603, 605, 683 and 91 Line trains 701 and 703 were expected to face delays. Metrolink commuter trains were also delayed because of the investigation.
Amtrak trains 564 and 573 were canceled and Amtrak expected delays throughout the day.
The identity of the victim was not immediately released.
train accident, traffic delay, downtown, los angeles news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 3 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 9 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- Informant speaks out on jail abuse probe 2 min ago
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Video: Evangeline Lilly talks 'The Hobbit' film 52 min ago
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke