Los Angeles News
Train hits, kills pedestrian in downtown LA
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An Amtrak train struck and killed a pedestrian in downtown Los Angeles near the L.A. River south of Union Station, shutting down all rail traffic for investigation.
Train 562 was en route from Los Angeles Union Station to San Diego when it struck the pedestrian at approximately 6:20 a.m., according to an Amtrak spokesperson.
There were 30 people aboard the train, including passengers and crew.
Orange County Line trains 601, 603, 605, 683 and 91 Line trains 701 and 703 were expected to face delays. Metrolink commuter trains were also delayed because of the investigation.
Amtrak trains 564 and 573 were canceled and Amtrak expected delays throughout the day.
The identity of the victim was not immediately released.
train accident, traffic delay, downtown, los angeles news
- DTLA police search: armed, dangerous suspect 13 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies 25 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution 5 min ago
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler