Los Angeles News
Catholic Church's sex crime documents to remain confidential
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It appears the Catholic Church's documents on local priests accused of sex crimes will remain confidential.
A mediator's decision Thursday would keep secret the files on Los Angeles area priests who have only one unsubstantiated claim against them.
It would also mean the names of Los Angeles archdiocese employees and church officials must be redacted before any files could be made public.
Plaintiffs opposed the redaction believing church leaders covered up for abusive priests and that the records will show that.
sex crimes, los angeles archdiocese, los angeles news
- Charges announced against sheriff's officials 10 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in unrelated Pomona shootings
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Nelson Mandela memorial to see world leaders
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge 51 min ago
- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke