Los Angeles News
Feds: Producer should be extradited to Mexico
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- New details were released in the murder case against former "Survivor" reality TV producer Bruce Beresford-Redman.
A 45-page extradition memorandum released Monday supports Mexico's extradition request. It will be considered at a May 16 hearing in Los Angeles.
The 39-year-old has been fighting extradition in jail since Nov. 16.
Federal prosecutors say there's probable cause to believe Beresford-Redman killed his wife and should be extradited to Mexico to stand trial.
Bruce Beresford-Redman has publicly said he is innocent but has not yet entered a formal plea.
His wife's body was found last April at a resort in Cancun where the couple was staying. An autopsy says she was struck on the head and asphyxiated.
He is currently being held in a downtown L.A. detention center.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
homicide investigation, murder, south bay, mexico, los angeles news
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries 15 min ago
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 56 min ago
- Metro to vote on fate of ExpressLanes pilot
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed
- Dana Point woman fights to keep chickens
7 min ago