Los Angeles News
Feds: Producer should be extradited to Mexico
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- New details were released in the murder case against former "Survivor" reality TV producer Bruce Beresford-Redman.
A 45-page extradition memorandum released Monday supports Mexico's extradition request. It will be considered at a May 16 hearing in Los Angeles.
The 39-year-old has been fighting extradition in jail since Nov. 16.
Federal prosecutors say there's probable cause to believe Beresford-Redman killed his wife and should be extradited to Mexico to stand trial.
Bruce Beresford-Redman has publicly said he is innocent but has not yet entered a formal plea.
His wife's body was found last April at a resort in Cancun where the couple was staying. An autopsy says she was struck on the head and asphyxiated.
He is currently being held in a downtown L.A. detention center.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
homicide investigation, murder, south bay, mexico, los angeles news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 4 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries 44 min ago
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught 19 min ago
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
- Recycling used water in Orange County
41 min ago