Los Angeles News
Feds: Producer should be extradited to Mexico
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- New details were released in the murder case against former "Survivor" reality TV producer Bruce Beresford-Redman.
A 45-page extradition memorandum released Monday supports Mexico's extradition request. It will be considered at a May 16 hearing in Los Angeles.
The 39-year-old has been fighting extradition in jail since Nov. 16.
Federal prosecutors say there's probable cause to believe Beresford-Redman killed his wife and should be extradited to Mexico to stand trial.
Bruce Beresford-Redman has publicly said he is innocent but has not yet entered a formal plea.
His wife's body was found last April at a resort in Cancun where the couple was staying. An autopsy says she was struck on the head and asphyxiated.
He is currently being held in a downtown L.A. detention center.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
homicide investigation, murder, south bay, mexico, los angeles news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 22 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 39 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator 50 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary 23 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'