Los Angeles News
Feds: Producer should be extradited to Mexico
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- New details were released in the murder case against former "Survivor" reality TV producer Bruce Beresford-Redman.
A 45-page extradition memorandum released Monday supports Mexico's extradition request. It will be considered at a May 16 hearing in Los Angeles.
The 39-year-old has been fighting extradition in jail since Nov. 16.
Federal prosecutors say there's probable cause to believe Beresford-Redman killed his wife and should be extradited to Mexico to stand trial.
Bruce Beresford-Redman has publicly said he is innocent but has not yet entered a formal plea.
His wife's body was found last April at a resort in Cancun where the couple was staying. An autopsy says she was struck on the head and asphyxiated.
He is currently being held in a downtown L.A. detention center.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
homicide investigation, murder, south bay, mexico, los angeles news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'