Los Angeles News
Rockefeller imposter charged with 1985 murder of LA man
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A German man accused of posing as a member of the Rockefeller family has been charged with murder in the disappearance of a Southern California man more than 25 years ago.
The man calls himself Clark Rockefeller, but his real name is Christian Karl Gerhartsreiter.
He was charged Tuesday with killing 27-year-old John Sohus of San Marino in 1985. Sohus' body was discovered nearly a decade later.
An investigation determined he was killed by blunt force trauma to the head. Sohus' wife, Linda, is still missing.
Prosecutors are trying to extradite Gerhartsreiter from Massachusetts to California.
Rockefeller is currently serving a prison sentence there for kidnapping.
fraud, court case, murder, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 3 min ago
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 28 min ago
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Telescope detects Earth-like planet
40 min ago