Los Angeles News
Rockefeller imposter charged with 1985 murder of LA man
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A German man accused of posing as a member of the Rockefeller family has been charged with murder in the disappearance of a Southern California man more than 25 years ago.
The man calls himself Clark Rockefeller, but his real name is Christian Karl Gerhartsreiter.
He was charged Tuesday with killing 27-year-old John Sohus of San Marino in 1985. Sohus' body was discovered nearly a decade later.
An investigation determined he was killed by blunt force trauma to the head. Sohus' wife, Linda, is still missing.
Prosecutors are trying to extradite Gerhartsreiter from Massachusetts to California.
Rockefeller is currently serving a prison sentence there for kidnapping.
fraud, court case, murder, los angeles news
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious 46 min ago
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion 11 min ago
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor 10 min ago
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Holiday shopping tips, ideas to save money
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Lea Michele talks about Cory Monteith (Video)