Los Angeles News
Palmdale woman stabs her 2 children
LANCASTER, Calif. (KABC) -- A Palmdale woman was arrested Friday in Lancaster for stabbing her two children and herself.
Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies were called to a house on Landau Place in Lancaster at approximately 5:23 p.m. Friday by a resident.
A woman had driven her two daughters, 11 and 14 years old, from their house on the 41000 block of Riverrock Lane in Palmdale to a friend's house on Landau Place in Lancaster.
The friend arrived at her house to find the woman and her two children, who were bleeding from stab wounds. She called 911.
The woman used a box-cutter and a paring knife to cut wrists and necks of the kids and herself in Palmdale, then drove them to Lancaster.
The children were hospitalized for substantial but non-life-threatening stab wounds.
The kids were placed in the care of the Dept. of Child Protective Services.
The Palmdale woman was in custody Friday night.
The woman may have been motivated by Christian "tribulation," according to the sheriff's department.
arrest, child abuse, stabbing, los angeles news
- Oklahoma tornadoes level homes, kill man
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested