Los Angeles News
Manhattan Beach officers fired in '10 hit-run
MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Three Manhattan Beach Police Department officers have been fired for their involvement in a hit-and-run crash in 2010.
The Daily Breeze reported that the officers were off duty when they were involved in a crash along Sepulveda Boulevard in Manhattan Beach after leaving a bar and then left the scene.
No one was seriously hurt in the crash.
A fourth officer, the watch commander at the time of the crash, has been demoted from lieutenant to officer for not immediately informing the department's command staff about the accident.
firing, los angeles news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Help Garth stuff busses full of toys in Ontario
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate