Los Angeles News
Search underway for missing Disney cruise ship member
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A search is underway for a Disney cruise ship crew member feared to be lost on the high seas.
The woman was last seen on Tuesday, hours before the Disney Wonder docked in Puerto Vallarta. According to passengers on the cruise ship, the missing woman works in the ships youth program.
The ship left Sunday evening. Disney officials said they searched the ship thoroughly and found no signs of the woman.
The Wonder is relatively new to the West Coast. It began sailing out of the Port of Los Angeles in January.
A spokesperson for Disney Cruises issued this written statement:
"Given the circumstances we are very concerned about this situation and are doing everything possible to assist with the search effort and investigation. We have also conducted a thorough and comprehensive inspection of the ship and spoken with the crew member's colleagues to gather as much information as possible."
The cruise line said the Mexican Navy and the U.S. Coast Guard have been conducting searches. The FBI has also been notified, although the Bahamian Maritime Authority is leading the investigation.
The Wonder is due back Sunday morning. Disney Cruise Line officials said they are not releasing the identity of the woman out of respect for her family.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7
missing person, port of los angeles, travel, los angeles news, rob hayes
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis