Los Angeles News
Man arrested for allegedly trying to videotape boy in bathroom
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 32-year-old man was arrested for allegedly trying to videotape a 12-year-old boy in a public restroom.
Daniel Donovan was taken into custody on Monday at College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita.
Deputies said the boy noticed someone trying to tape him at around 5:15 p.m. Monday in a restroom on campus. The victim ran out of the restroom and reported the incident to campus security, who tracked down Donovan.
When Santa Clarita deputies arrived they found child pornography in Donovan's car parked on campus.
Donovan, a student at the college, was booked at Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station. He was charged with two counts of disorderly conduct in a public restroom and one count of possession of child pornography.
Investigators think there may be other victims.
Anyone with information was urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Special Victims Bureau at (877) 710-LASD (877-710-5273).
santa clarita valley, los angeles news
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 11 min ago
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks