Los Angeles News
Man caught sexually assaulting 6-year-old at LA school
BOYLE HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man was arrested after coaxing a 6-year-old girl into an empty school where he sexually assaulted her, according to police.
On March 25, 2011, at around 7:50 p.m., LAPD Hollenbeck Patrol Officers responded to a radio call of a kidnap in progress on the 300 block of Cornwell Street. The officers were flagged down by community members who were holding down the suspect of the alleged kidnap.
The incident happened at Sheridan Street Elementary School in Boyle Heights.
LAPD said Edward Gonzalez, 28, used money to convince the girl to go with him, and then he took her into a janitor's closet.
Both he and the girl were treated at a hospital. The girl was treated and released.
The man was arrested and will be charged with raping a minor.
school, sexual assault, sex crimes, los angeles news
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 41 min ago
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 4 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis