Los Angeles News
Man caught sexually assaulting 6-year-old at LA school
BOYLE HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man was arrested after coaxing a 6-year-old girl into an empty school where he sexually assaulted her, according to police.
On March 25, 2011, at around 7:50 p.m., LAPD Hollenbeck Patrol Officers responded to a radio call of a kidnap in progress on the 300 block of Cornwell Street. The officers were flagged down by community members who were holding down the suspect of the alleged kidnap.
The incident happened at Sheridan Street Elementary School in Boyle Heights.
LAPD said Edward Gonzalez, 28, used money to convince the girl to go with him, and then he took her into a janitor's closet.
Both he and the girl were treated at a hospital. The girl was treated and released.
The man was arrested and will be charged with raping a minor.
school, sexual assault, sex crimes, los angeles news
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four 26 min ago
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Does your child have oral allergy syndrome?
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10