Los Angeles News
Ex-Bell officials Rizzo, Spaccia plead not guilty to charges
BELL, Calif. (KABC) -- Bell's former city manager and assistant city manager pleaded not guilty to conspiracy and other charges connected to the city's corruption scandal.
They're charged with writing their own retirement contracts, hiding public contracts and falsifying public records involving the former police chief.
Both are due back in court in May for a pretrial hearing.
fraud, legal, los angeles news
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast 1 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks