Los Angeles News
Ex-Bell officials Rizzo, Spaccia plead not guilty to charges
BELL, Calif. (KABC) -- Bell's former city manager and assistant city manager pleaded not guilty to conspiracy and other charges connected to the city's corruption scandal.
They're charged with writing their own retirement contracts, hiding public contracts and falsifying public records involving the former police chief.
Both are due back in court in May for a pretrial hearing.
fraud, legal, los angeles news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring 13 min ago
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)