Los Angeles News
LAPD release sketches of Dodger fans opening day attack
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The search continues for two men who brutally beat a Giants fan after Thursday night's opener at Dodger Stadium.
Police said there were thousands of fans in the parking lot of Dodger Stadium after the game. They hope that one witness could recognize the men in the composite sketches.
The sketches are of the men believed to be responsible for the brutal attack on a Giants fan. Police said the men were wearing Dodgers clothing when they attacked 41-year-old Brian Stowe of Santa Cruz. Stowe is a paramedic and father of two children, and remains in an induced coma.
Both attackers kicked the victim in the upper torso and the head, and then fled in a four-door sedan driven by a woman with a male child passenger.
Fans from both teams are in shock over the attack, and some Giants fans are thinking twice about wearing their favorite Giants jersey.
"I am not going to go and advertise necessarily that I am a huge Giants fan or anything like that," said Greg Spencer. "Because if you call for the attention it is going to come back to you."
"It's sad," said Giants fan Matt Mohler. "I am all for a friendly rivalry, and heckling back and forth. But there is just a point where it goes too far."
"It is so upsetting as a Dodger fan," said Isela Reza. "I mean I understand talking and rooting for your team, but to hear something like that is just upsetting and so unfortunate."
If you recognize the men in the sketches call Los Angeles police at 877-LAPD-24-7.
los angeles dodgers, san francisco giants, lapd, los angeles news
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation 10 min ago
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe? 56 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 17 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
51 min ago