Los Angeles News
Dodgers hire ex-LAPD chief Bill Bratton to assess security
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Dodgers announced Wednesday that they hired former Los Angeles Police Department chief Bill Bratton to assess policies and procedures regarding security and fan services at Dodger Stadium.
The move comes a week after a San Francisco Giants fan was badly beaten by two men wearing Dodgers gear after the season opener. The victim remains hospitalized in critical condition.
Bratton, who will work in a consulting capacity, will also develop a best practices security plan that extends to both the stadium and parking lots.
"Bill Bratton is widely credited with spearheading modern community policing in America," said Dodgers owner Frank McCourt in a statement. "There is no one better to lead a top-to-bottom review of our current practices and make recommendations to be implemented now and into the future."
Bratton and his Kroll security consulting team will begin immediately, according to a Dodgers press release.
"I am pleased to have the opportunity to return to Los Angeles to consult with the Dodger organization on the security posture at Dodger Stadium," said Bratton in a statement. "We will take a full and comprehensive look at security procedures and processes, and make recommendations based on our findings."
los angeles dodgers, lapd, los angeles news
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens 28 min ago
- Fewer travelers expected Memorial Day weekend
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; 3 injured
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter' 20 min ago
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge 8 min ago
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews 34 min ago