Los Angeles News
Teen gets 9 months in juvenile camp for Gardena High shooting
GARDENA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Gardena High School student whose gun went off on campus, injuring two classmates, has been sentenced to nine months in juvenile camp.
The sentence was handed down Monday after the 17-year-old admitted to felony counts of possessing and discharging a firearm in a school zone.
The incident happened in January when police said the teenager brought a loaded 9-mm gun in his backpack.
The gun went off in class, injuring two 15-year-old students.
school shooting, shooting, lausd, legal, los angeles news
- Malaysian official: Missing jet hijacked
- Westbound 134 Fwy closed due to police activity
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)