Los Angeles News
LAPD says it made at least 38 arrests at Dodgers game
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Police Department reports that it made at least 38 arrests at Dodger Stadium because some fans did not heed the warning that there would be zero tolerance for unruly behavior.
There were no violent incidents during or after Thursday night's game, which was a 9-5 loss for the Los Angeles Dodgers to the St. Louis Cardinals.
With a command post set up in the Dodger Stadium parking lot, the LAPD doubled the usual amount of officers who patrol the game.
"Right when you pull up, you know, when you see 20 cops and cars on the road coming in, it gives you a sense of security, especially after what's happened here, which is just atrocious," said fan Kevin Scott.
The amped-up security comes in the wake of the savage beating two weeks ago of San Franciso Giants fan Bryan Stow, who remains in a medically induced coma.
Some fans thought the show of force was long overdue.
"It would have been nicer to see them here on opening day and not so much on these games. These games are more family," said Rosemary Miranda.
There's no word on the cost of the additional security, but the Dodgers will pick up the expense.
Meanwhile, the LAPD said one of the two suspects has a mole on his left cheek and possibly tattoos on his neck.
Anyone with information related to the attack was urged to call the Los Angeles Police Department at (877) LAPD-24-7 (877-527-3247).
los angeles dodgers, san francisco giants, st. louis cardinals, lapd, san francisco, los angeles news
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations 3 min ago
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week 2 min ago
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis