Los Angeles News
LAPD says it made at least 38 arrests at Dodgers game
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Police Department reports that it made at least 38 arrests at Dodger Stadium because some fans did not heed the warning that there would be zero tolerance for unruly behavior.
There were no violent incidents during or after Thursday night's game, which was a 9-5 loss for the Los Angeles Dodgers to the St. Louis Cardinals.
With a command post set up in the Dodger Stadium parking lot, the LAPD doubled the usual amount of officers who patrol the game.
"Right when you pull up, you know, when you see 20 cops and cars on the road coming in, it gives you a sense of security, especially after what's happened here, which is just atrocious," said fan Kevin Scott.
The amped-up security comes in the wake of the savage beating two weeks ago of San Franciso Giants fan Bryan Stow, who remains in a medically induced coma.
Some fans thought the show of force was long overdue.
"It would have been nicer to see them here on opening day and not so much on these games. These games are more family," said Rosemary Miranda.
There's no word on the cost of the additional security, but the Dodgers will pick up the expense.
Meanwhile, the LAPD said one of the two suspects has a mole on his left cheek and possibly tattoos on his neck.
Anyone with information related to the attack was urged to call the Los Angeles Police Department at (877) LAPD-24-7 (877-527-3247).
los angeles dodgers, san francisco giants, st. louis cardinals, lapd, san francisco, los angeles news
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials 51 min ago
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- 2 deputies OK after crash on West 105 Freeway
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- Bratton picked as NYPD commissioner again
- Idaho school bus crash: 1 child killed, 4 hurt 49 min ago
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- Manhattan Toy Quixel baby rattles recalled
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K 32 min ago
- OTRC: 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' official trailer