Los Angeles News
Man shot dead walking down street in Pomona
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are searching for a gunman who shot and killed a man walking down the street in Pomona on Saturday.
Police said they responded to a call of a shooting just before 5 a.m. in the 200 block of East Holt Avenue and found 36-year-old Jimmie Lee Adams of Pomona with gunshot wounds.
Adams was treated at the scene but succumbed to his wounds.
Family members said he was a husband and a father of a 6-year-old boy with another baby on the way.
Adams was also legally blind and couldn't see at night.
"He could only see a little during the day and he couldn't see at night," said Adams' mother, Rochelle Pope. "My son is gone. I can't believe this. There's no air in his body. There's no breath."
Police are investigating to see if it was racially motivated. They believe the suspect was on foot.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Pomona Police Department at (909) 620-2085.
shooting, homicide investigation, pomona, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- London attack victim was a serving soldier
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- Oklahoma tornado victims' names released
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Teen birth rate: Nearly all states see drop
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life 43 min ago
- 'Hangover' films changed lives of the stars
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised