Los Angeles News
Expo Line to public: Watch out for that train
EXPOSITION PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Expo Line officials on Monday warned residents near the Expo Line to look out for test trains that have begun running.
"We're testing the train, so occasionally these trains will come up and down the tracks, and we want to urge the citizens that live in or around the Expo Line to be extremely careful," Los Angeles City Councilman Herb Wesson said.
Safety tests were performed Monday on the Expo Line, which will link downtown Los Angeles and Culver City.
There will be a car running east and west along Exposition Boulevard for the next seven months, officials said. They also warned against walking along the tracks.
It has been 50 years since any type of commuter train has traveled through that part of the city. Tracks from the old Red Car Line are being used for the new Expo Line. There will be 19 stops in all.
"It's a blessing to me because now it can help me get from point A to point B, especially with gas prices being high," said Floyd Sealy of Los Angeles.
In the long run, the plan is to get the Expo Line running to Santa Monica by 2015.
westside, culver city, downtown, los angeles news, sid garcia
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 54 min ago
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station 55 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 53 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 12 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...