Los Angeles News
Expo Line to public: Watch out for that train
EXPOSITION PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Expo Line officials on Monday warned residents near the Expo Line to look out for test trains that have begun running.
"We're testing the train, so occasionally these trains will come up and down the tracks, and we want to urge the citizens that live in or around the Expo Line to be extremely careful," Los Angeles City Councilman Herb Wesson said.
Safety tests were performed Monday on the Expo Line, which will link downtown Los Angeles and Culver City.
There will be a car running east and west along Exposition Boulevard for the next seven months, officials said. They also warned against walking along the tracks.
It has been 50 years since any type of commuter train has traveled through that part of the city. Tracks from the old Red Car Line are being used for the new Expo Line. There will be 19 stops in all.
"It's a blessing to me because now it can help me get from point A to point B, especially with gas prices being high," said Floyd Sealy of Los Angeles.
In the long run, the plan is to get the Expo Line running to Santa Monica by 2015.
westside, culver city, downtown, los angeles news, sid garcia
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries 28 min ago
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught 3 min ago
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
- Recycling used water in Orange County
25 min ago