Los Angeles News
Pico Rivera gang member's tattoo leads to murder conviction
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Pico Rivera gang member's tattoo leads to his conviction in a 2004 murder case.
The shooting death of 23-year-old John Juarez outside of a liquor store in Pico Rivera had stumped Los Angeles County Sheriff's investigators for four years.
In 2008, while looking though photos of tattooed gang members, they noticed what appeared to be a detailed scene of the liquor store murder inked across 22-year-old Anthony Garcia's chest.
Investigators compared crime scene photos of the liquor store with the tattoo and found startling similarities.
Garcia was arrested on Oct. 2008, and shortly after confessed to the murder. He was convicted of first degree murder and is scheduled to be sentenced in May.
murder, shooting, pico rivera, los angeles news
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist 16 min ago
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Greuel, Garcetti meet with LA churchgoers
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Hollywood High honored for musical theatre 24 min ago
- Suspect killed in Alhambra PD station ID'ed
- 2 FBI agents killed in Va. training accident
- 6.5-mag quake hits coast of Chile; No tsunami
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1 billion deal
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Selena Gomez stuns at Billboard Awards
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
54 min ago