Los Angeles News
Man stabbed during fight at Venice Beach
VENICE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Authorities were searching for suspects after a stabbing at the weekly Venice Beach Drum Circle.
The incident happened Sunday night during a drum circle on the boardwalk on Ocean Front Walk and Breeze Avenue.
The victim, a man in his early 20s, was in the group playing drums when a crowd of onlookers gathered.
According to police, the victim was stabbed twice in the chest after some kind of fight broke out. He was listed in stable condition on Monday.
It was unknown what kind of object was used during the stabbing. Police said they don't know if the attack was gang related.
Officials said the assault is similar to one last week when onlookers not part of the drum circle caused trouble and someone was stabbed.
Anyone with information was asked to call police at (310) 482-6334.
City News Service contributed to this report.
stabbing, venice beach, los angeles news
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 33 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies 23 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video