Los Angeles News
Man allegedly attacks women, girls in South Gate
SOUTH GATE, Calif. (KABC) -- There have been several attacks on women and girls in the South Gate area, and authorities said the alleged victims seem to be describing the same man.
The victims range in age from 8 years old to mid 20s. Police said the suspect seems to be targeting women and girls who are walking alone in residential areas of South Gate. Reports range from groping to attempted sexual assault.
The most recent incident happened around 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday at Liberty Boulevard and Elizabeth Avenue as a 15-year-old girl was walking to school.
The victim said the suspect came up behind and grabbed her waist, pulling her toward him. She started screaming and he immediately let her go.
Officials have not released a composite sketch. Victims said the man had a slight build and was wearing dark clothes.
Authorities are asking anyone who may be a victim or anyone with information to call police at (323) 563-5436.
sexual assault, los angeles news, lisa hernandez
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 1 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped 36 min ago
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside 46 min ago
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler