Los Angeles News
Gold Line shut down due to suspicious device
LITTLE TOKYO, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An investigation of a suspicious device in Los Angeles' Little Tokyo district shut down the Gold Line on Tuesday.
The bomb squad responded to Alameda and 2nd streets at about 1:30 p.m. The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority website says the package is in a tree.
Gold Line trains in the area were shut down, and buses were provided to ferry passengers around the blocked line.
No further information was available.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
suspicious object, little tokyo, los angeles news
- Memorial Day: More travelers hitting the road
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens 8 min ago
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter' 19 min ago
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic
- Fatal S. LA drive-by shooting suspects sought 8 min ago
- Deputies shoot, killed armed man in Compton
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo. 28 min ago
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect 1 min ago
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- Kings beat Sharks 3-0, take series lead 3-2
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews