Los Angeles News
15 dogs dumped on busy El Segundo roadway
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (KABC) -- About 15 dogs were dumped by someone in a white van on Imperial Highway (SR90) in El Segundo Wednesday, April 27.
Several dogs were struck by vehicles traveling in both directions on the roadway.
Several Good Samaritans stopped on the roadway to try to help rescue the dogs.
Witnesses said a white van stopped on the side of the road and let 15 dogs out of the vehicle at about 6:30 p.m. The location is in the vicinity of a popular dog park.
El Segundo Police were called to the scene. It was unclear how many dogs were rescued, injured or killed.
A $5,000 reward was offered for information leading to the arrest of the individual(s) responsible for the incident. If you have information about the incident, contact El Segundo Animal Control (310) 524-2231.
animal news, south bay, los angeles news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done 8 min ago
- Playa del Rey home break-in caught on camera 35 min ago
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false 42 min ago
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February 8 min ago
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine' 15 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry