Los Angeles News
LA schools shorten day for teacher protest
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Thousands of kids will be getting out of school early next week.
The Los Angeles school district is planning a shorter classroom day on May 13, so that teachers can demonstrate in an afternoon rally for school funding.
Originally, they had planned the rally for the morning but school officials said that would disrupt mandatory state testing being done on that day.
The district could let students go up to several hours earlier than normal dismissal times.
Schools will have to make up for the lost hours later in the year.
education, school, los angeles news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon 4 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 31 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon 19 min ago
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend 57 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker 11 min ago
- New technology monitors pet fitness
42 min ago