Los Angeles News
USPS to shut down historic Venice post office
VENICE, Calif. (KABC) -- A historic post office in Venice is closing, but the public still has time to speak about the plan.
The U.S. Postal Service will accept public comments through May 17 on its plan to shutter the post office on Windward Circle.
The operations would be consolidated in the nearby postal annex on Grand Avenue.
The post office contains a mural depicting Venice founder Abbot Kinney that was covered and forgotten for many years.
The USPS plans to sell the 28,000-square-foot building once the relocation is complete.
venice beach, los angeles news
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace' 48 min ago
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate