Los Angeles News
USPS to shut down historic Venice post office
VENICE, Calif. (KABC) -- A historic post office in Venice is closing, but the public still has time to speak about the plan.
The U.S. Postal Service will accept public comments through May 17 on its plan to shutter the post office on Windward Circle.
The operations would be consolidated in the nearby postal annex on Grand Avenue.
The post office contains a mural depicting Venice founder Abbot Kinney that was covered and forgotten for many years.
The USPS plans to sell the 28,000-square-foot building once the relocation is complete.
venice beach, los angeles news
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete 55 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- LA voters to decide future of marijuana shops
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing
- Former IRS chief knew little about targeting
- Jodi Arias pleads to jury for life sentence 3 min ago
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- SF 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10 37 min ago