Los Angeles News
MTV music coordinator shot dead outside LA home
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Investigators are asking for the public's help tracking down the killer of an MTV employee who was shot dead on a Mid-Wilshire sidewalk.
The body of Gabriel Ben-Meir was found outside his home on the 5600 block of Packard Street.
At about 1 a.m. Sunday, residents heard what they thought were gunshots, but no one called police.
"I didn't see anything. I was expecting to see maybe a car hit or something like that," said one neighbor.
Ben-Meir's body was discovered by a dog walker at around 6:30 a.m.
The 30-year-old was shot in the head outside of his car. Authorities said they don't know if Ben-Meir was targeted or if it was a random crime.
"We were pretty shocked. This is a really nice neighborhood. Everyone in the neighborhood is always looking out for everybody," said neighbor Alexandra Jackson.
Like his father and sister, who are both well-known figures in the music business, Ben-Meir loved music. He was a music and production coordinator at MTV, working on shows such as "The Hard Times of RJ Berger."
"We are shocked and saddened to learn about the tragic death of Gabe Ben-Meir, who was a valued member of the MTV family and a beloved and dedicated colleague and friend. Our hearts go out to his family," MTV said in a statement.
No arrests were made and a motive for the shooting was not determined.
Anyone with information related to the case was urged to call the Los Angeles Police Department at (877) LAPD-24-7.
shooting, body found, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre