Los Angeles News
Murder of MTV employee linked to robberies?
KOREATOWN, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Authorities are trying to determine if the murder of an MTV producer over the weekend is linked to a series of armed robberies.
Police were looking for two men armed with a shotgun who robbed at least eight people in the last two weeks in the Mid-City, Southwest L.A. and Wilshire areas. Three of the robberies were on Tuesday night.
Los Angeles Police announced Wednesday afternoon two suspects in the robberies were arrested.
Authorities say the robberies may be related to the execution-style killing of Gabriel Ben-Meir, 30, who was found dead on a sidewalk near his apartment in Mid-City at about 1 a.m. Sunday. The L.A. County Coroner's Office confirmed that he was shot with a shotgun in the back of the head.
Police said Ben-Meir's wallet was missing, leading them to question whether the murder was a robbery gone wrong.
Ben-Meir was a music and production coordinator at MTV.
"He was such a sweet kid. We don't understand. It was so vicious. Maybe somebody followed him home," said Nick Ben-Meir, the victim's father.
Detectives are looking at any connections between the shotgun-wielding robbers and shotgun murder of Ben-Meir.
Anyone with information related to the case is asked to contact the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7 (877-527-3247).
shooting, body found, murder, homicide investigation, los angeles news, john north
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged 34 min ago
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour