Los Angeles News
Robbery suspects held in MTV worker's murder
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two suspects who were arrested for a string of armed robberies in the Mid-City area were charged Thursday in the fatal shooting of an MTV music coordinator and another man.
Three suspects were arrested Wednesday on suspicion of committing a string of robberies. Nine armed robberies using a shotgun were reported in and around the Mid-City area recently.
According to the LAPD, Destiny Young, 29, and Jabaar Thomas, 26, are being held on suspicion of murder.
Richard Anderson, 33, continued to be held on suspicion of robbery.
Gabriel Ben-Meir was shot in the back of the head with a shotgun early Sunday morning near his Mid-City apartment. Ben-Meir was a music and production coordinator at MTV. Police said Ben-Meir's wallet was missing, leading them to question whether the murder was a robbery gone wrong.
Police said witnesses linked two suspects to the murder of Ben-Meir.
Marcello Aragon, 35, was shot several times with a shotgun in the Pico-Union district on April 30. He was pronounced dead at California Hospital Medical Center in downtown L.A.
Anyone with information related to the cases is asked to contact the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7.
shooting, los angeles news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter