Los Angeles News
Pico Rivera woman shot in head, in critical condition
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman in her 30s was shot in the head while in her Pico Rivera home Thursday morning.
Area residents reported hearing several shots fired at shortly before 1:30 a.m. in the 5300 block of Lindsey Avenue near Catherine Street.
Authorities said responding deputies arrived at the home to find the woman with a gunshot wound to the head. The woman was transported to a local hospital.
In a statement at 4:40 a.m., the sheriff's department reported the woman had died. At about 6 a.m., authorities retracted their initial statement and said the woman was listed in critical condition.
The woman's mother was inside the home at the time of the shooting and even heard the gunshots, but she did not know that her daughter had been shot until authorities arrived.
Though the victim was shot while she was inside the home, deputies said the shooter fired from outside the home.
Deputies did not have a suspect description as of Thursday morning.
shooting, pico rivera, los angeles news, leo stallworth
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend 20 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M 42 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'