Los Angeles News
LAUSD cuts number of unpaid furlough days
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Unified School District is slashing the number of unpaid furlough days for school employees.
The superintendent cites an unexpected revenue windfall from Sacramento in saying employees will be asked to take just six furlough days next school year instead of 12.
The teacher's union still is pushing for every furlough day to be eliminated.
education, school, lausd, budget, los angeles news
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 5 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis