Los Angeles News
LAUSD cuts number of unpaid furlough days
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Unified School District is slashing the number of unpaid furlough days for school employees.
The superintendent cites an unexpected revenue windfall from Sacramento in saying employees will be asked to take just six furlough days next school year instead of 12.
The teacher's union still is pushing for every furlough day to be eliminated.
education, school, lausd, budget, los angeles news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Ex-Compton deputy fire chief out on bail
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge 42 min ago
- London attack: Suspect's friend questioned
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy 20 min ago
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Vin Diesel denies steroids use (Video)