Los Angeles News
Pico Rivera gang member w/ crime scene tattoo gets 65 years to life
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- A gang member linked to a killing by a tattoo of the murder scene on his chest was sentenced Thursday to 65 years to life in prison.
In 2004, Anthony Garcia, 25, shot and killed John Juarez, 23, outside a Pico Rivera liquor store.
Nearly four years later, a sheriff's homicide detective saw a photo of Garcia's tattoo taken during an unrelated arrest.
The deputy realized the tattoo was the scene of the 2004 murder he worked on at the Pico Rivera sheriff's station.
murder, shooting, pico rivera, sentencing, los angeles news
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology 6 min ago
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut