Los Angeles News
Water main break floods Mid-City streets
MID-CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A broken water main sent gallons of water rushing into the roadway on Airdrome Street and Stanley Avenue in Mid-City.
Crews got the call at about 3:30 a.m. Friday. When they arrived, they found the broken 8-inch main and a street that looked more like a river.
The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power shut off water service to 10 customers in an effort to get the break under control.
Crews worked to repair the main. There was no word on what caused the water main break.
mid-city, department of water and power, los angeles news
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 59 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Inmate escapes jail a day after sentencing 10 min ago
- Ex-assemblyman arrested for domestic violence 25 min ago
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Malaysia plane search widens toward India
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says