Los Angeles News
UTLA, LAUSD reach tentative furlough deal
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- City News Service reports the teachers union United Teachers Los Angeles has reportedly reached a tentative agreement with the Los Angeles Unified School District.
The union has agreed to have its members take four furlough days in the upcoming school year. The agreement seeks to reduce the number of LAUSD layoffs.
City News Service contributed to this report.
lausd, los angeles news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments