Los Angeles News
UTLA, LAUSD reach tentative furlough deal
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- City News Service reports the teachers union United Teachers Los Angeles has reportedly reached a tentative agreement with the Los Angeles Unified School District.
The union has agreed to have its members take four furlough days in the upcoming school year. The agreement seeks to reduce the number of LAUSD layoffs.
City News Service contributed to this report.
lausd, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt 4 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)