Los Angeles News
80-year-old jewelry thief sentenced in LA
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An 80-year-old jewel thief has been sentenced to 16 months in prison for another heist in Southern California.
Doris Payne pleaded no contest to swiping a $16,000 ring from a store in Santa Monica in October.
Her sentence will run concurrently with the five years she is serving for stealing jewels in San Diego.
Payne has admitted to thefts in places like Las Vegas and Monte Carlo.
Her career in crime dates back fifty years. She has been sent to prison twice.
sentencing, robbery, los angeles news
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report