Los Angeles News
80-year-old jewelry thief sentenced in LA
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An 80-year-old jewel thief has been sentenced to 16 months in prison for another heist in Southern California.
Doris Payne pleaded no contest to swiping a $16,000 ring from a store in Santa Monica in October.
Her sentence will run concurrently with the five years she is serving for stealing jewels in San Diego.
Payne has admitted to thefts in places like Las Vegas and Monte Carlo.
Her career in crime dates back fifty years. She has been sent to prison twice.
sentencing, robbery, los angeles news
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Hostilities erupt in Michael Jackson trial
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting 35 min ago
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Katy Perry: Russell Brand texted divorce plan