Los Angeles News
Small plane makes safe emergency landing in Santa Clarita
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. -- A pilot of a small plane made a safe emergency landing on Newhall Ranch Road in Santa Clarita after experiencing engine trouble.
Sheriff's deputies said the single-engine Cardinal 177 aircraft was en route from San Luis Obispo to Van Nuys Airport when the problem occurred.
The pilot, Kashif Khursheed, brought the plane down relatively safely at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Neither Khursheed nor his passenger was injured, but the plane sustained damage to its landing gear and tail section. No one on the ground was hurt and no homes in the area were damaged.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
airplane, faa, los angeles news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants