Los Angeles News
Small plane makes safe emergency landing in Santa Clarita
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. -- A pilot of a small plane made a safe emergency landing on Newhall Ranch Road in Santa Clarita after experiencing engine trouble.
Sheriff's deputies said the single-engine Cardinal 177 aircraft was en route from San Luis Obispo to Van Nuys Airport when the problem occurred.
The pilot, Kashif Khursheed, brought the plane down relatively safely at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Neither Khursheed nor his passenger was injured, but the plane sustained damage to its landing gear and tail section. No one on the ground was hurt and no homes in the area were damaged.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
airplane, faa, los angeles news
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete 7 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- LA voters to decide future of marijuana shops
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing
- Former IRS chief knew little about targeting
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin 18 min ago
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- SF 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10 18 min ago
- Monstrous tornado touches down in Oklahoma
7 min ago