Los Angeles News
Car overturns in East LA Starbucks drive-thru
EAST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A car overturned in the Starbucks drive-thru in East Los Angeles on Tuesday morning.
Authorities said a woman in her 50s was driving south on Gage Avenue just before 8 a.m. when she decided to drive into the Starbucks drive-thru. However, when she turned into the driveway, she realized she needed to make a U-turn because she was supposed to enter through 3rd Street.
The driver accidentally hit the accelerator instead of hitting the brakes, so to avoid hitting the car in front of her, she pulled her wheel to the right, causing her vehicle to go up an embankment.
The California Highway Patrol said she was not injured and said she was more embarrassed than anything.
east los angeles, accident, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled 48 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal 3 min ago
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- Cool Kid helps children with special needs
30 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
5 min ago