Los Angeles News
Santa Clarita woman found dead; husband still missing
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (KABC) -- The body of a Santa Clarita woman who disappeared last week has been found in the Angeles National Forest.
Investigators confirmed that the body found was that of 59-year-old Renata Klein.
Her husband, Dusan Klein, is still missing. Authorities have not deemed him a suspect in this case. He is still listed as a missing person.
Detectives said the couple spoke to friends last Saturday evening, but that was the last time anyone heard from them. The two were reported missing by family members.
Their home, located in the 28000 block of Wildwind Road in Santa Clarita, has been untouched. However, there was an eviction notice posted on the garage.
The two have lived there for several years, and neighbors say they were always courteous and cordial.
"I just hope they find her husband to see what happened," neighbor Kim Manson said.
Public Works employees found Renata Klein's body about 7:30 a.m. Wednesday off Upper Big Tujunga Canyon Road.
Officials have not said how she died, but a coroner's spokesperson said her body appeared to have been dumped.
There was no trace of the husband, the couple's 1999 gold Jeep Cherokee or their 10-year-old black and white cocker spaniel named Cindy. The vehicle has California license plate number 4FLN519 and a sticker on the rear window with the words, "American Travel."
Detectives described Dusan Klein, as 6 feet 2 inches tall, weighing 190 pounds, with brown hair and eyes.
"At this time, he still remains a missing person," said Dep. Guillermina Saldana of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. "There's no information to indicate to us anything other than that."
Anyone with information regarding this case is urged to call the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department at (323) 890-5500.
missing person, santa clarita valley, los angeles news
- Charges announced against sheriff's officials
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- Pomona gang member arrested for murder 3 min ago
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder 37 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in unrelated Pomona shootings
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Nelson Mandela memorial to see world leaders
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke