Los Angeles News
Dozens of tires slashed by vandals in East LA
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies are trying to find the vandals who slashed dozens of tires.
It happened along City Terrace Drive and Van Pelt Avenue, as well as Woolwine Drive and Hazard Avenue in East Los Angeles.
Approximately two dozen vehicles had their tires slashed. Police say it happened before 5:30 a.m. Monday.
"It's a little discouraging, especially for a Monday," said City Terrace resident Mel Moreno. "What a way to start a good week after Father's Day."
Not only are people spending money to replace tires, but some are losing a day of work.
"My wife goes to work in the morning. You see that flat tire, you don't go to work. You lose a day," said City Terrace resident Miguel Ramblaz, who had to replace two tires.
"I need to wait four hours to repair and spend money," said Francisco Garcia. "Maybe $200, I don't know."
Luis Garcia owns a tire repair shop and received a call to open early.
"People work for their stuff," said Garcia. "For something to happen, and wake up to see your tires slashed is not good."
Who slashed the tires and why remains a mystery. The East L.A. Sheriff's station is invesitgating.
"We are looking at some of the closed-circuit cameras that we have in the area and hopefully any witnesses that may have seen anything, we encourage them to come forward," said Sgt. Robert Norris.
If you have any information, call the L.A. County Sheriff's Department at (323) 264-4151.
vandalism, east los angeles, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news, sid garcia
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing 29 min ago
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video