Los Angeles News
Missing Santa Clarita woman murdered; husband is person of interest
MONTEREY PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- An autopsy has revealed that Renata Klein, a missing Santa Clarita woman who was later found dead, had been murdered.
Her husband, 59-year-old Dusan Klein, is now considered a person of interest.
Authorities said the couple spoke to friends June 11, but that was the last time anyone heard from them. Family members reported them missing.
Days later on June 15, Renata Klein's body was found off Upper Big Tujunga Canyon Road. Authorities did not reveal how she died but they said her body appeared to have been dumped. Sheriff's officials confirmed Thursday that Reneta Klein was murdered.
Deputies believe Dusan Klein may be driving a 1999 gold Jeep Cherokee with California license plate number 4FLN519. He may be traveling with the couple's black and white cocker spaniel named Cindy.
Along with authorities, the couple's son is hoping for answers in the case.
"This is a tragedy. My mom didn't deserve to go out like this. She was a beautiful, caring woman. Today I'm going to her funeral, and I just need to know something. I need some closure," said Robert Klein.
The couple lived in the 28000 block of Wildwind Road in Santa Clarita. A foreclosure notice is taped on the front door.
Deputies admit the couple's financial background is something they are looking into.
"There were financial problems. In fact, they were due to be evicted from the house on Monday, June 13. So, they went missing on June 11. So, that may have been a factor in what happened. We don't know. That's speculation at this point," said L.A. County Sheriff's Department Lt. John Corina.
Who killed Renata Klein and why remains a mystery, and deputies are hoping her husband can help solve it.
Detectives described Dusan Klein, as 6 feet 2 inches tall, weighing 190 pounds, with brown hair and eyes. Authorities say he speaks with a thick, Czechoslovakian accent that's hard to miss.
Anyone with information regarding this case is urged to call the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department at (323) 890-5500.
missing person, santa clarita valley, los angeles news, john gregory
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 45 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate 2 min ago
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time 28 min ago
- Malaysia plane search widens into Andaman Sea
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says