Los Angeles News
Crenshaw area LADWP customers lose power
CRENSHAW, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It was lights out for some Los Angeles Department of Water and Power customers living in the Leimert Park and Crenshaw area of Los Angeles.
Several people reported their power went out around 11 p.m. Friday.
Fire officials said the power outage followed an explosion in an underground electrical vault near Crenshaw Boulevard and 39th Street.
LADWP said it took about an hour for them to get a crew together to get the power back on. They were able to restore power around 2 a.m. Saturday.
power outage, department of water and power, leimert park, los angeles news
- Funeral service underway for LAPD Officer Lee 7 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia plane search widens into Andaman Sea 40 min ago
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says