Los Angeles News
Crenshaw area LADWP customers lose power
CRENSHAW, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It was lights out for some Los Angeles Department of Water and Power customers living in the Leimert Park and Crenshaw area of Los Angeles.
Several people reported their power went out around 11 p.m. Friday.
Fire officials said the power outage followed an explosion in an underground electrical vault near Crenshaw Boulevard and 39th Street.
LADWP said it took about an hour for them to get a crew together to get the power back on. They were able to restore power around 2 a.m. Saturday.
power outage, department of water and power, leimert park, los angeles news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke