Los Angeles News
Chief Charlie Beck weighs in on new Bryan Stow video
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck weighed in Tuesday on the newly-released video showing San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow being confronted by an apparent Dodgers fan inside the Stadium prior to his attack.
Beck said that given the rivalry between the two teams, he believes Stow was confronted many times at the game.
"Obviously Bryan was wearing a Giants jersey as were his friends," Beck said. "I'm sure they were confronted many times."
Stow was brutally beaten in the parking lot by two men after the game.
Though the man in the video seen confronting Stow is not a suspect in the attack, Beck said investigators are reviewing the tape originally obtained by TMZ.
Beck said a confrontation between fans like the one in the video between would not happen now with his officers stationed at Dodger Stadium.
"I would expect - and actually demand - that my police officers, when they see something like that, somebody being confronted in a manner likely to engender a violent response, be ejected," Beck said.
Stow remains hospitalized in serious condition at a San Francisco hospital.
Giovanni Ramirez is considered a prime suspect by police in the Stow beating. He is in jail for violating parole, but no charges have been filed related to the beating.
"We're not ready," Beck said. "When we develop enough information where we'd be comfortable bring charges we will."
Ramirez's attorney said his client was not at Dodger Stadium the night of March 31 beating.
Anyone with information regarding the attack on Stow is urged to contact the following:
- During non-business hours or on weekends, calls should be directed to (877) LAPD-24-7.
- Anyone wishing to remain anonymous can call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (800-222-8477). Tipsters may also contact Crime Stoppers by texting to phone number 274637 (C-R-I-M-E-S on most keypads) with a cell phone. All text messages should begin with the letters "LAPD."
- Tipsters may also go to LAPDOnline.org, click on "webtips" and follow the prompts.
- You can also send email directly to BryanStowAttemptMurder@gmail.com.
los angeles dodgers, san francisco giants, arrest, caught on tape, los angeles news, john north
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 50 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault 19 min ago
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest 7 min ago
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs 18 min ago
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices...
18 min ago