Los Angeles News
Bicycle path network plan in the works in LA
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Imagine a vast network of bike paths in Los Angeles similar to the freeway system. It's now on its way to reality.
Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa has issued an executive order calling for city departments to start implementing L.A.'s master bike plan.
The goal is to build nearly 1,700 miles of intersecting bike paths across the city over the next few years.
Many would lead to employment centers, transit stations and retail hubs.
City leaders said when completed, the majority of Angelenos will live within 1 mile of a bike path.
antonio villaraigosa, los angeles news
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video