Los Angeles News
Missing Pomona boy found safe
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A missing boy from Pomona was found safe Saturday afternoon after having gone missing for more than 24 hours.
Police combed 9-year-old Luis Gamboa's neighborhood for hours before he showed up at his mother's door step.
His mother thought he was playing with a friend in their apartment complex. As it turns out, Gamboa says he went to the YMCA, then spent the night at another friend's house when it got late.
He says he didn't even know police were searching for him until one of his friends told him about the flyers that were circulating.
missing person, pomona, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments