Los Angeles News
Missing Pomona boy found safe
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A missing boy from Pomona was found safe Saturday afternoon after having gone missing for more than 24 hours.
Police combed 9-year-old Luis Gamboa's neighborhood for hours before he showed up at his mother's door step.
His mother thought he was playing with a friend in their apartment complex. As it turns out, Gamboa says he went to the YMCA, then spent the night at another friend's house when it got late.
He says he didn't even know police were searching for him until one of his friends told him about the flyers that were circulating.
missing person, pomona, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video