Los Angeles News
Missing Pomona boy found safe
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A missing boy from Pomona was found safe Saturday afternoon after having gone missing for more than 24 hours.
Police combed 9-year-old Luis Gamboa's neighborhood for hours before he showed up at his mother's door step.
His mother thought he was playing with a friend in their apartment complex. As it turns out, Gamboa says he went to the YMCA, then spent the night at another friend's house when it got late.
He says he didn't even know police were searching for him until one of his friends told him about the flyers that were circulating.
missing person, pomona, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'