Los Angeles News
Rockefeller imposter extradited to LA for 1985 murder
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A German man accused of posing as a member of the Rockefeller family has been extradited to Los Angeles to face charges connected to the murder of a Southern California man more than 25 years ago.
The man calls himself Clark Rockefeller, but his real name is Christian Karl Gerhartsreiter.
The L.A. Sheriff's Department says Rockefeller is en route from Boston, where he was serving a prison sentence for kidnapping.
He was charged in March with killing 27-year-old John Sohus of San Marino in 1985. Sohus' body was discovered nearly a decade later.
An investigation determined he was killed by blunt force trauma to the head. Sohus' wife, Linda, is still missing.
Authorities won't disclose which jail he will be sent to due to safety reasons. He is due in a Alhambra courtroom Friday and is being held on $10 million bail.
fraud, court case, murder, los angeles news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break