Los Angeles News
Rockefeller imposter extradited to LA for 1985 murder
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A German man accused of posing as a member of the Rockefeller family has been extradited to Los Angeles to face charges connected to the murder of a Southern California man more than 25 years ago.
The man calls himself Clark Rockefeller, but his real name is Christian Karl Gerhartsreiter.
The L.A. Sheriff's Department says Rockefeller is en route from Boston, where he was serving a prison sentence for kidnapping.
He was charged in March with killing 27-year-old John Sohus of San Marino in 1985. Sohus' body was discovered nearly a decade later.
An investigation determined he was killed by blunt force trauma to the head. Sohus' wife, Linda, is still missing.
Authorities won't disclose which jail he will be sent to due to safety reasons. He is due in a Alhambra courtroom Friday and is being held on $10 million bail.
fraud, court case, murder, los angeles news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)